Chevron Australia Pty Ltd has been given approval by NOPSEMA to construct and install a pipeline and subsea infrastructure as part of the Gorgon project.
In order to maintain gas supply at the Gorgon project, Chevron plans to expand the subsea gathering network within the existing Gorgon and Jansz–Io fields.
The project proposal includes the installation of subsea infrastructure associated with the Gorgon Stage 2 (GS2) Project in Commonwealth Waters, except for production well construction, tubing head spools, and Christmas tree installation.
Installation of subsea infrastructure includes:
- installation of infield flowlines, pipelines, and umbilicals
- installation of subsea structures, jumpers, and tie-in spools
- installation of flying leads
- leak testing and pre-commissioning
- field suspension
- inspection, maintenance, and repair (IMR) (before start-up and operations commence)
- support operations.
The subsea infrastructure will form part of pipeline licences WA‐19‐PL and WA‐20‐PL in Commonwealth Waters.
The earliest date of commencement of the installation campaign is the fourth quarter of.